Saturday, November 21, 2009

One of those days

What a lovely and weird day all rolled into one. After a quick coffee I zipped home to collect the tempestuous 2 year old and run some errands. As it is Isabella's actual birthday party on Monday and I don't want to be running like a chicken with her head cut off on the day (tho I probably still will!!) I have tried to be organized. Lola and I went through everything and made sure we had all the necessities. Realized that somewhere in the line I hadn't got plates or balloons so off to the shops we went. I decided because someone else was doing the school run I would head to the big mall! With Lola in tow we drove over. The drive was fine, the first 30 minutes in the mall were fine and then it was as if a little switch went off in my sweet Lola's head. There was nothing she didn't want to touch, grab, eat. She ran. she walked and she threw herself to the floor (more than once I might add)! Now it just makes me think why did I bring her when it is unpleasant, I'm not sure why as I keep doing it! What got me though is running in to a couple of ladies who went on to describe how wonderful their 2 year olds are and wouldn't dream of that. I can appreciate that there may be the odd 2 year old who is absolutely lovely BUT for most this is the developmental stage where they touch and all the rest. It explains why they are a nightmare while shopping etc.

I suppose I am just a bit dissappointed that there are so many women who feel the need to make it all glossy and perfect so that they are not judged by the other mother peers!

1 comment:

  1. I can promise you that they slip their kids a zanax before they take them out!

    ReplyDelete